News and links on birds and the environment.
- The federal government has agreed to decide by March 31, 2006, whether to list the Gunnison sage grouse under the Endangered Species Act as part of a settlement of a lawsuit over the grouse's status in Colorado and Utah.
- New Jersey's six-day bear hunt is underway.
- A list of ten possible sites to look for ivory-billed woodpeckers. If anyone wants to take the initiative here, these are the places to search. (Via Ivory-bills LiVE!!)
- sphere has been covering the controversy over the removal of monk parakeet nests from telephone poles in Connecticut. Not only were 103 nests removed, but many of the parrots were sent to be euthanized by the USDA.
- A husband and wife in Minnesota are both serious birders - and both have very high North American life lists. (She's ahead.)