News and links about birds, birding, and the environment.
- Coturnix has linked a group of articles on penguins and global warming. Breaking ice is making it more difficult for penguins to travel to and from their breeding grounds, and it is also narrowing their window for successful reproduction.
- Grrlscientist has been following the story of a pair of red-shouldered hawks shot for defending their nest on a Florida golf course. See the posts here and here.
- Here are a few figures on migratory birds, based on data from banding and radio tagging.
- There is a strange story in China of a young woman committing to live in a cage with 300 birds for a week.
- If you have not seen them yet, take a look at Kevin Ambrose's photographs from Monday's thunderstorm. (Ambrose is the photographer for CapitalWeather.com.)