Mike Bergin asks: "Why are you still bird blogging?"
Now some readers might wonder whether I am still bird blogging. In recent weeks, posting topics have included public transportation, Daily Show videos, Supreme Court decisions, Bush administration follies, the border wall, a pink millipede, climate change, federal legislation, and Hummers. If you look back further into the archives, you can find many more non-bird topics, or at least posts that do not explicitly feature birds or birding.
Contrary to rumor, I am still blogging about birds, even if the focus of my bird blogging has changed. While I originally intended this blog was to focus on birding trip reports, lately my focus has shifted more to bird and environmental news. So why do I still blog about birds after three years?
Here are a few reasons:
- Birds are endlessly fascinating creatures.
- I still watch birds and go birding whenever I can.
- I still see life birds from time to time.
- Birds are relevant to human health.
- Birds are affected by ongoing environmental problems.
- I am still involved in bird surveys.
- There is a steady stream of research about birds.
- Rare birds still need help and protection.