- Working with raptors in Cape May – not really a "moment" but still the top nature-related experience of the past year.
- Seeing a Golden Eagle for the first time (up really close).
- Seeing a Scott's Oriole in Union Square – my 300th life bird!
- Watching a flock of redpolls.
- Participating in the 10th C&O Canal Count.
- Waiting for Short-eared Owls in Franklin Twp.
- Watching Peregrines slicing through wind and rain.
- Participating in the Lower Hudson and Raritan Estuary CBCs.
See also my top nature moments of 2007.