Yesterday my laptop's screen started doing its best impression of a dead cuckoo. The good news is that I have an older computer I can use in the meantime. The bad news is that most of the material I had gathered for this week's Loose Feathers is on the laptop, without an easy way to retrieve it with two-thirds of the screen blacked out. So instead of the usual bird news aggregation, this edition just includes some of the interesting bird blogging that I have come across this week.
Birds in the blogosphere
- The Drinking Bird: A follow-up on the Crowned Slaty-Flycatcher post
- Yips and Howls: Great Horned Owl: Species of the Week
- Coffee and Conservation: Shade coffee farmers attitudes towards wildlife
- Nature Observances: Birding in Washington DC
- Birdchick: Big Surprise, Snowy Owls Are Not Good Pets!
- The House & Other Arctic Musings: American Pipit (Anthus rubescens)
- Prairie Ice: Shorebird Season
- Great Auk or Greatest Auk: Flocking Behavior
- Somewhere in NJ: Telltale
- 10,000 Birds: Bird Bloggers Invade Queens, or, New Jersey Cursed No More
- Picus Blog: Saturday Birding at Jamaica Bay Wildlife Refuge
- birdspot: aug 24